Roasted vegetables and Ginger Sauce
Any combination of vegetables can be used for this dish so the selection here will act as a guide – always try to remember the pleasure and benefit of incorporating colour. The ginger sauce adds a nice warmth to the dish and the ginger may or can act as a digestive aid and ant-inflammatory.
- 1 Courgette
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 10 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Mixed Herbs and Fennel Seeds
- 1 Dessert Spoon Barley or Swet Miso
- 1 Dessert Spoon Ginger Juice -peel ginger, grate then squeeze grated fibre to create juice
- 1/2 Orange - use ½ teaspoon rind and 2 teaspoon – according to taste – of juice
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil or swirl of apple juice concentrate if needed
- 1/2 Cup Water
Heat Oven to 150 C
Prepare vegetables into slices, the thinner the slices the quicker they will cook – so it depends on your timescale
Place in ovenproof dish sprinkled with olive oil, herbs and fennel seeds.
Cook in the oven for 30mins, approx.
Meanwhile combine all the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan and heat through.
When the vegetables are cooked, toss some of the sauce in with the vegetables and place the rest in a jug to serve separately.