Marian has a research and development background in health, education and the arts, working extensively within mental health services. Marian has held key posts with the Department of Health and the NHS and The National Social Inclusion Programme. As the National Lead for Arts and Culture for Inclusion and Wellbeing she was responsible for the increasing recognition of the benefits of arts and cultural activity for service users, patients, providers and carers.
Marian is an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Bath.
Helen is a qualified counsellor and clinical supervisor and is experienced in developing counselling services in outreach locations.
Leads a team of experienced counsellors and Living Well development Managers:
- Allon Stokes – Senior Counsellor
- Alison Peters, Katy Berwick, Nicola Burns – Counsellors
- Christopher Riley – Living Well Development Manager
Dr Catherine Zollman, Medical Director
Catherine trained to registrar level in Medical Oncology before qualifying as a GP in 1995. Completed a Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at University of Arizona in 2010. Works part-time as an NHS GP and as GP Cancer Lead for the local Clinical Commissioning Group.
Leads a team of integrative Doctors who all work as NHS GPs and Nurses:
- Dr Duncan Still, Dr Helen Thomas and Dr Natasha Ward.
- Tilly Sheeran, Night Nurse
- Treatment Support Nurse Susie Budd, Chemotherapy Senior Staff Nurse at Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre.
Sarah MacDonald, Practice Development Lead
Sarah has worked at Penny Brohn UK since 2003, supporting clients and managing services at the National Centre. Sarah has a Masters in Health Education and is an Interfaith Minister. She is responsible for developing and delivering training and accreditation across the organisation. Sarah also teaches Qigong, tai Chi and Meditation.
Sarah leads the a team of experienced Living Well Facilitators and Research and Evaluation team:
- Jane Fizor, Constance Bowdler, Wendy Burley
- Rachel Johnson, Sarah Churchward, Claire Whitehouse
Michele has worked for Penny Brohn since 2009, holding qualifications in counselling and adult education. She passed her Healers examinations in March 2009 with The Healing Trust (NFSH) after two and half years training. She has studied Reiki to Level II and have completed an extended shamanic healing course, The Call of the Shaman. In previous roles, she has been a Nursing Auxiliary with the Elderly, a Child and Families Social Worker and a Playgroup Manager.
Leads a team of experienced therapists and facilitators including:
- Markus Heimpel, Shiatsu Practitioner and Course Leader
- Roz Chissick, Healer
- Sarah Brown, Reflexologist and Course Leader
- Alex Turner, Acupuncture, Shiatsu and Qi gong Practitioner
- Brendagh O’ Sullivan, Acupuncture, Biodanza Teacher
- Viv Morris, Massage Therapist and Tai Chi Practitioner
Nicky has worked at Penny Brohn UK since June 2018. Her qualifications include an MSc in Nutritional Therapy (distinction) and a BA (Hons) in Law & Economics. She is a member of British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT), registered with the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC) and member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM).
Leads a team of experienced Nutritional Therapists including:
- Elena Yates
- Victoria Kubiak
- Janey Twigger