|MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:||To support the reception team in the day to day operations of reception, ensuring all our visitors experience a warm welcome and a professional and efficient experience.|
If you enjoy offering a high quality service, are organised and efficient and enjoy interacting with a diverse range of people, this role could suit you.
What will I be doing?
- The day to day operation of reception and answering calls.
- Receive and welcome visitors to the centre.
- Ensure a professional service is provided to all visitors, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Booking rooms and resources as required.
- Booking appointments when confident to do so
- Franking post and associated postal tasks.
- Collate the literature for the Self-Help Starter Packs.
- Organise taxis as requested.
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and maintained with stock at all times.
- Manage the lunch money for the restaurant when necessary.
- Collate daily cheques received and enter onto spreadsheets.
What skills will I need?
- Ideally experience of working within a reception and/or administration background or capable of doing so.
- Diligent and methodical administrator with an eye for detail.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to manage calls and enquiries from members of the public in a sensitive and empathetic way.
- Ideally experienced in using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to use IT confidently.
- Be able to work unsupervised and independently when required and as part of a team effectively.
- An understanding and appreciation of the values, aims and ethos of the charity.
- Able to work in an environment where the needs of the client shall always be paramount.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity at all times.
How much time do I need to commit?
Reception service is open from 8.30am to 6 pm Monday to Friday, various shifts are available. Flexibility is desirable in order to provide optimum cover during periods of holiday or sickness.
What training and support can I expect?
When you start volunteering with us, you’ll receive an induction from the Volunteer Manager. Training will be given by the reception staff who will also provide ongoing support. In order to better understand the services you will be invited to sit in on the Introductory course that is offered to clients. Penny Brohn also offer a two day Induction day for staff and volunteers and you will be invited to attend one at the next available opportunity.
What Benefits can I expect?
- You will have the opportunity to meet and assist clients and all visitors in person and on the telephone.
- Be part of a supportive team.
- You will be able to use and develop your skills and gain a sense of achievement from contributing to the smooth running of reception.
- Excellent working environment.
- Lunch provided.
How do I apply?
You will be asked to complete an application form, provide two referees, attend an informal interview and a work taster session. If appropriate you will be asked to complete a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure.
Please contact the Volunteer Manager if you have any questions or would like further information. Tel: 01275 370 094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by mutual agreement.