Treatment Support Programme
Using lifestyle and complementary approaches safely Helping you stay well during your cancer treatment, and beyond.
Are you having cancer treatment and looking for ways to improve wellbeing and manage side effects?
This treatment support programme is to help people preparing for, undergoing, or recovering* from cancer treatments like chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery or immunotherapy.
This four-week programme will help you to:
- Manage and reduce side effects.
- Increase the effectiveness of cancer treatment.
- Build resilience and improve wellbeing.
- Reduce chances of cancer recurrence or progression.
- Meet and share with others who are going through similar experiences.
*These sessions are not suitable for people who completed their treatment over three months ago.
June programme explores:
- Thursday 23rd June – Eating well during treatment
- Thursday 30th June – Using complementary therapies safely during treatment
July programme explores:
- Thursday 7th July – Keeping active during treatment
- Thursday 14th July – Managing mindset, stress and anxiety during treatment
- Thursday 21st July – Eating well during treatment
- Thursday 28th July – Using complementary therapies safely during treatment
August programme explores:
- Thursday 4th August – Keeping active during treatment
- Thursday 11th August – Managing mindset, stress and anxiety during treatment
- Thursday 18th August – Eating well during treatment
- Thursday 25th August – Using complementary therapies safely during treatment
September programme explores:
- Thursday 1st September – Keeping active during treatment
- Thursday 8th September – Managing mindset, stress and anxiety during treatment
- Thursday 15th September – Eating well during treatment
- Thursday 22nd September – Using complementary therapies safely during treatment
You can do all four sessions consecutively or individually at your own pace.
Frequently Asked Questions
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about how to join the session.
For the comfort and safety of everyone joining our online groups we have a few room rules we ask everyone to observe.
- Try and arrive on time for the start of the session if you can, if you do join late please mute yourself on entry to avoid disturbing others.
- In general it makes for a better group experience if people can see each other, but do feel free to turn your video camera off if you are not feeling up to being visible that day
- Make yourself comfortable and join the meeting from your favourite cosy space, but if your video camera is on, please check what can be seen by others. Although pyjamas are fine if you’re currently bed-bound, do dress in a way that is appropriate for a group gathering.
- Please keep yourself on mute unless you are talking, especially when there may be distracting noises in the background.
- Take part in discussions and question-and-answer sessions, if you want to, but please listen to others and help the meeting host to ensure everyone has time to speak if they wish. The group lead may suggest using the hands up icon or typing questions into
the chat box.
- If group participants share personal stories and sensitive information, please treat this as confidential and avoid disclosing anything outside of the group without their permission.
- Should a group participant share information that raises a concern for their personal safety, we will follow this up privately in line with our safeguarding responsibilities.
- Technical failures and internet problems are quite common with online platforms, if the facilitator or another participant experiences problems please be understanding.
- In the unlikely event that a group participant says or does something inappropriate in a session, we will immediately remove them from the room and may take further action.
Advice given by Penny Brohn UK does not replace advice given by your healthcare professional or medical guidance.
Online group meetings are not suitable for discussing individual medical treatments or concerns, please note that we offer integrative doctor consultations and other therapeutic support by phone or video consultation for Penny Brohn UK clients requiring tailored advice and support.