Introduction to Penny Brohn UK
A fortnightly session run by our Wellbeing Consultants. This session will offer a warm welcome to Penny Brohn UK and an overview of who we are, what services we offer and how best to access them.
This session is suitable for anyone new to Penny Brohn UK, who has not used our services or who wants to know more.
You will need to email Bookings@pennybrohn.org.uk to book a place on the Introduction to Penny Brohn UK sessions.
We will email you with the details of how to join the session.
Bring a notepad and pen and a glass of water. There will be a ‘comfort break’ halfway through.
Frequently Asked Questions
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about how to join the session.
For the comfort and safety of everyone joining our online groups we have a few room rules we ask everyone to observe.
- Try and arrive on time for the start of the session if you can, if you do join late please mute yourself on entry to avoid disturbing others.
- In general it makes for a better group experience if people can see each other, but do feel free to turn your video camera off if you are not feeling up to being visible that day
- Make yourself comfortable and join the meeting from your favourite cosy space, but if your video camera is on, please check what can be seen by others. Although pyjamas are fine if you’re currently bed-bound, do dress in a way that is appropriate for a group gathering.
- Please keep yourself on mute unless you are talking, especially when there may be distracting noises in the background.
- Take part in discussions and question-and-answer sessions, if you want to, but please listen to others and help the meeting host to ensure everyone has time to speak if they wish. The group lead may suggest using the hands up icon or typing questions into
the chat box.
- If group participants share personal stories and sensitive information, please treat this as confidential and avoid disclosing anything outside of the group without their permission.
- Should a group participant share information that raises a concern for their personal safety, we will follow this up privately in line with our safeguarding responsibilities.
- Technical failures and internet problems are quite common with online platforms, if the facilitator or another participant experiences problems please be understanding.
- In the unlikely event that a group participant says or does something inappropriate in a session, we will immediately remove them from the room and may take further action.
Advice given by Penny Brohn UK does not replace advice given by your healthcare professional or medical guidance.
Online group meetings are not suitable for discussing individual medical treatments or concerns, please note that we offer integrative doctor consultations and other therapeutic support by phone or video consultation for Penny Brohn UK clients requiring tailored advice and support.