We have been working in partnership with GenesisCare UK, a private healthcare company, since 2013. We deliver complementary treatment support for patients undergoing chemo and radiotherapy at their centres: in Portsmouth, Southampton, Maidstone, Oxford, Elstree and Milton Keynes.
Following a holistic needs assessment, patients are offered relaxation and mindfulness sessions, reflexology, acupuncture, counselling, as well as signposting to local and national support organisations.
“Having Penny Brohn’s treatment support for our patients is a great example of strong collaboration between a service provider and the charitable sector. Patients feel supported, encouraged to look after themselves and are benefiting greatly from the complementary therapies on offer” – Paul McPartlan, General Manager UK, GenesisCare
We work in partnership with and are funded by Macmillan Cancer Support in the Staffordshire area. This partnership allows us to support people living with cancer at different stages of their cancer experience depending on their needs. We offer a choice of events and courses and the opportunity to receive ongoing support to live well with and beyond cancer. An important part of this work involves working alongside the local Cancer Nurse Specialists to develop and deliver Health and Wellbeing Events for their patients.
We have been working in partnership with the Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre since 2013. Through this partnership we have developed our Treatment Support Clinic and recently our Pre-Treatment Support Clinic which sees NHS Oncology staff working alongside our own team to offer an integrated approach to health and wellbeing. Our Treatment Support Clinic has been recognised with a Runner-Up Prize by the College of Medicine 2013 Innovation in Self Care Awards.
We have partnered with Simply Health since 2015 based on our shared passion for health and wellbeing. Simply Health donated £35k in 2015 towards our Treatment Support Clinic. This enabled us to start the Teenage Cancer Trust project – providing Living Well courses for the parents/carers of teenagers and young adults with cancer. In 2016, they gave us £95k to continue this work but also to fund our Follow-On services.
In 2015, we were awarded a Reaching Communities grant from the Big Lottery to fund 40% of our services across England. The grant of £491,000 over three years will fund 40% of our Living Well and Follow on Services nationally. This will enable us to deliver more of our services to thousands of men and women living with cancer across the UK.
- Arco Ltd
- Bowel Cancer UK
- City Healthcare Partnership CIC
- Croydon Health Services (NHS)
- Great Oaks Dean Forest Hospice
- Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group (NHS)
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Jo Martin Cancer Care Trust
- Kirklees Council
- Knowle West Healthy Living Centre
- Macmillan Cancer Support Jersey
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Mulberry Centre
- North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- North West London Hospitals
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Solihull Metropolitan Council
- Target Ovarian Cancer
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB)
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Yeovil Hospital NHS Foundation Trust