One day courses – 10.30am-4.30pm
It’s not just what you eat but how you eat that makes a difference.
Learn about the different types of food that form a healthy diet and how to cook them. And learn how to eat so that your food really does nourish you and support your health and wellbeing.
- Introduction to Healthy Cooking – 7 May and 3 September 2019: Explore our Healthy Eating Guidelines and learn how to cook and plan quick and easy meals
- Food to Lift the Spirits – 5 March, 2 July and 5 November 2019: Explore the relationship between what and how you eat and the way you feel. Includes ideas on healthy meals to share with others
Half day courses – 10am-1pm
In these themed workshops we’ll take a therapeutic look at how you can adapt your diet to help with certain symptoms.
- Eating well to balance blood sugar – 2 May 2019: Keeping blood sugar in check is important for many aspects of health and may play a supportive role in an anti-cancer diet. In this masterclass we’ll look at foods and eating patterns to support blood sugar balance, and share tasty tips and recipes to make it easy.
- Eating well with an anti-inflammatory diet – 1 August 2019: An anti-inflammatory diet is often mentioned in relation to cancer but it isn’t always clear what this really means. This masterclass will look at foods and nutrients that can influence inflammation in the body, and how to develop a sustainable and enjoyable anti-inflammatory diet.
- Eating well to support the immune system – 3 October 2019: Just in time for autumn, this masterclass will look at foods and nutrients to support immune health and share tips and tasty recipes to help incorporate them into your diet
To book, call 0303 3000 118 and press 2 for Bookings.
Being close to someone who’s been diagnosed with cancer can have a major impact on your life as well as theirs. It can be just as hard for you as it is for the person with the diagnosis. That’s why we offer support to the loved-ones of those living with cancer because you are just as important.
All the services we provide at Penny Brohn UK are free of charge but for these cooking demonstrations we ask for a suggested donation of £5 to cover the costs of the ingredients.