Vegetable Egg Bake
Delicious bake packed with nutritious vegetables
- Thinly sliced butternut squash or sweet potato
- Half Small tin Butterbeans or Chickpeas
- 1 Large Handful Spinach and Basil leaves
- 1 Sliced courgette
- 1 Large Handful Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Large Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp each Variety of herbs, eg. dill, cumin, turmeric, nutmeg
- Black pepper to season
- Preheat oven at 200 c or Gas 6.
- Prepare a 15cm square tin with baking parchment –coming up the sides to lift out easily and serve rustically.
- Create your first layer with the butternut squash or sweet potato, enough to generously cover the bake.
- Add a layer of the beans or chickpeas.
- Make your third layer the spinach and basil leaves.
- Cover with the sliced courgette.
- Dot the halved tomatoes on top.
- Mix the herbs with the beaten eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tin and allow it to dribble through the layers.
- Bake in a hot oven for approx. 45 minutes or until set.
Serve warm or cold.