Enjoy a different slant on your Easter Eggs this year with our yummy Turkish Eggs recipe from our 7 Day Recipe Plan. It’s healthy & easy to prepare. It’s a perfect breakfast/ brunch dish packed with essential nutrients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 sweet peppers (red, orange or yellow), de-seeded and sliced
- 1-2 chillies or 1 tbsp harissa paste (optional)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Small bunch chives or parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soften onion, peppers, garlic and chillies (if using) in the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the liquid has reduced and season
- With a wooden spoon create 4 wells in the tomato mixture and crack an egg in each
- Cover the pan and cook eggs over low heat until just set, about 3 minutes
Tip: Replace fresh peppers with a jar of roasted peppers for ease and speed. The sauce can be made in advance and kept in the fridge.