Enjoy a different slant on your Easter Eggs this year with our yummy Turkish Eggs recipe from our 7 Day Receipe Plan. It’s healthy & easy to prepare. It’s a perfect breakfast/ brunch dish packed with essential nutrients.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 - 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 Sweet Peppers, red / orange / yellow Deseeded and Sliced
- 1 or 2 Chillies or 1 tbsp Harissa paste Optional
- 400 g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- Chives or Parsley
- Black Pepper
- Soften onion, peppers, garlic and chillies or Harissa paste (if using) in the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the liquid has reduced and season
- With a wooden spoon create 4 wells in the tomato mixture and crack an egg in each
- Cover the pan and cook eggs over low heat until just set, about 3 minutes
Replace fresh peppers with a jar of roasted peppers for ease and speed. The sauce can be made in advance and kept in the fridge.