This recipe uses a combination of soluble and insoluble fibre from the oats and spelt, but it could also be made with rice flour. Your finished tea loaf will certainly be sweet enough thanks to the dried fruit within the recipe.
- 1 mug medium oatmeal
- 1 mug spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 mug oat or soya milk
- 1 mug mixed dried fruit
- 1 dessertspoon rice syrup
- Some sesame seeds if required
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- The mixture will be stiff but of a dropping consistency.
- Grease a small (1lb) loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper for easier turning out from the tin.
- If wished, sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180oc for 1 hour until firm – a skewer pierce should come out clean.
Freezes well and is also nice toasted.