Sweet Potato and Butter Bean Dip
Try out our easy sweet potato and butter bean dip recipe, created by our Nutrition team at Penny Brohn UK.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 400 g tin butter beans drained (or chickpeas or mixed beans)
- ½ – 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (for a milder flavour, add the unpeeled garlic to the roasting pan for the last 15 minutes, peel before blending)
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Cook sweet potato in jacket until soft at 200°C, Gas 6 for about 30 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor/blender.
- Dribble in olive oil until desired consistency.