Fruit and Nut Smoothie
We have used strawberries in this suggestion but you could replace with other types of soft fruit that you can find in the shops and make up your own flavour combinations.
- 100 g Cashew Nuts, or almonds
- 250 g Mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Large, ripe Banana
- 1 litre Milk of your choice
- Simply blend all the ingredients together
- If you need to dilute your smoothie further or prefer it less thick, you can add water, milk or a dairy-free alternative such as soya or almond milk, natural or flavoured yogurt. You could also try fruit juice or for a tropical flavoured smoothie, low-fat coconut milk or coconut water.
Nutritional tip for those with digestive problems – Slippery elm powder can be soothing to the gut and may help digestion – add 1 tsp per serving before blending