Quick, easy to make, delicious and energising. The three leafy salad ingredients in this soup have been used medicinally since Roman times and are helpful sources of vitamins A & C, folic acid, calcium, magnesium and chromium.
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Apple Juice Concentrate
- 500-700 ml Vegetable Stock
- 85g Watercress
- 1 Lettuce Shredded
- 1 bunch Parsley Flat leaf is better for this recipe
- 6 leaves Shredded If you can't find sorrel, just use spinach, more lettuce or chard
- 2 tsp Dill Or a handful of fresh
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 can Beans of choice
- 160 ml Coconut cream
- Lemon or tamari flavouring
- 1 Egg hardboiled and chopped
- Slowly cook the onion to develop the flavour – about 10 minutes.
- Add the greenery, stock, apple juice concentrate, dill and caraway seeds.
- Bring gently to the boil and simmer until all the greenery has wilted.
- Blend with the beans and coconut cream and adjust the flavour if needed.
- Serve garnished with the hardboiled chopped egg.