Seed & Coconut flapjacks
Light, crumbly and delicious seed flapjacks with a coconut twist. The range of seeds give us useful essential fatty acids, magnesium and zinc and the oats are high in betaglucans which can help to lower cholesterol.
- 150 g Porridge oats
- 2 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp Mixed seeds For example, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy
- 1 tbsp Chopped dates
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 or 2 tbsp Rice or agave syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Melt the coconut oil gently and then add the olive oil and syrup to the dry ingredients to combine well.
- Tumble into a greased baking tin and press down well using the hand or a wetted spoon.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Leave in tin to cool but cut into fingers while warm.