Sautéed sprouts and red cabbage
- 450 grams Brussels sprouts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil or one tbsp of coconut oil (or a combination of both)
- 1 Small red cabbage, or half a large cabbage Finely sliced
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Set aside.Trim the Brussels sprouts and peel off one outer layer of leaves. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise, larger sprouts can be quartered.Place the sprouts in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add about 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring the sprouts to a boil and drain immediately. Transfer the sprouts to the bowl of ice water. (This will stop them cooking further and preserve their colour). Drain well.Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the oil. When the butter is melted, add the Brussels sprouts. Cook for one minute then add the sliced cabbage. Cook until the cabbage has softened and the sprouts are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.