Ruby Red Soup
This glowing ruby red soup is full of phytochemicals such as carotenoids. It is also packed with Vitamin C and protein from the red lentils and beans.
- 1 tin Plumb tomatoes
- 4 medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 medium Beetroot Fresh or vacuum packed - chopped.
- 2 large Red onions Peeled and chopped
- 3 medium Red peppers Chopped
- 2 medium Carrots Chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 litre Vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Red lentils
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 1 small Tin red kidney beans
- Slowly sauté the onion to develop the flavour but not to brown – about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the other vegetables to combine, then add the vegetable stock and lentils.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
- Blend with the kidney beans or add them after blending – according to preference.