Roasted vegetables and Ginger Sauce
Any combination of vegetables can be used for this dish so the selection here will act as a guide – always try to remember the pleasure and benefit of incorporating colour. The ginger sauce adds a nice warmth to the dish and the ginger may or can act as a digestive aid and ant-inflammatory.
- 1 Courgette
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 10 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Mixed Herbs and Fennel Seeds
- 1 Dessert Spoon Barley or Swet Miso
- 1 Dessert Spoon Ginger Juice -peel ginger, grate then squeeze grated fibre to create juice
- 1/2 Orange - use ½ teaspoon rind and 2 teaspoon – according to taste – of juice
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil or swirl of apple juice concentrate if needed
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Heat Oven to 150 C
- Prepare vegetables into slices, the thinner the slices the quicker they will cook – so it depends on your timescale
- Place in ovenproof dish sprinkled with olive oil, herbs and fennel seeds.
- Cook in the oven for 30mins, approx.
- Meanwhile combine all the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan and heat through.
- When the vegetables are cooked, toss some of the sauce in with the vegetables and place the rest in a jug to serve separately.