Pumpkin is a delicious seasonal flavour, ideal ingredient for warming creamy soups. Among its health benefits, it is rich in the antioxidant beta-carotene, which converts to Vitamin A in the body.
- 1 large red onion peeled and chopped
- 2 inch piece of root ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium pumpkin peeled, seeded and chopped into inch chunks
- 1 potato chopped into inch chunks
- 1 tbsp sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 ltr low salt stock
- 1 good grind black pepper
- Saute the onion and the ginger together in olive oil until the onion is lovely and soft.
- Add the pumpkin and the potato, turn over in the gingery oil until all sides are coated and let soften with the lid on for ten minutes. Try not to let it catch and brown too much.