Orange and Date Oaty Slices
Helping to keep blood sugar levels stable these orange flapjacks benefit from oat flakes and ground almonds and are sweetened naturally with dates giving a good source of fibre.
- 150 g oat flakes
- 150 g spelt flower Sifted with 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange Rind and juice
- 180 ml apple juice making up to 200ml of juice with the orange juice
- Sift the spelt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Combine with the other ingredients.
- Place the mixture into a greased and lined 7” square baking tin – or a larger one for a thinner slice.
- Bake at 170oc for 30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Slice in the tin whilst warm and turn out to cool.