Golden Millet Mountain
Millet is a wonderfully comforting grain, gluten free and easy to digest. This beautifully golden and easy recipe includes turmeric for its anticancer properties and parsley as a really useful multi vitamin and mineral.
- 1 1/2 cup washed millet
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (using vegetable bouillon)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp chopped olives green or black
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp peas
- 1 dessert spoon raisins/sultanas
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- Saute onion with bay leaves in oil slowly to release flavour.
- Add the millet, stock, tumeric and tamari.
- Simmer slowly with lid on for 30 minutes.
- During this time, the grain should break down to a soft mash and soak up all the liquid.
- When cooked, stir in the chopped pepper, peas, olives, raisins, parsley and capers.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then place in a wetted bowl.
- Cool a little to dry out.
- Turn out onto plate and serve.