Ginger, Almond and Chocolate Cookies
These soft cookies are ideal to snack on when you feel nauseous or your appetite is low. The perfect combination of ginger and chocolate makes them particularly tempting.
- 300 g Ground Almonds
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cm Fresh Ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 175 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 50 g Almond nut butter or Tahini
- 80 g Butter or Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 3/4 tbsp Raw Honey
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Put the almonds in a bowl with the ground and fresh ginger, salt, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chips.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, then pour into the bowl and mix well.
- Form the dough into walnut-sized balls and press down lightly to form little cookies.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 12–15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for 1 month.
The high protein content of these cookies can help to stabilise blood sugar levels, and this too can alleviate sickness. Almonds are a good source of magnesium for healthy nerve function, as well as containing manganese, copper and riboflavin (B2), which are energy-promoting nutrients.