Our delicious fishcake recipe for you to cook at home – easy as well as nutritious – click here. The whole family will love them.
250g fish of choice
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sprigs of thyme
1 bay leaf
250ml milk of choice
400g potato, cut into large dice
1 small onion, finely diced
5 garlic cloves, crushed
Chives, dill, parley or herb of choice
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place fish in a saucepan, add 3 garlic cloves, thyme, bay leaf
and milk. Add water to cover the fish. Simmer gently until the fish
flakes. Gently remove the fish from the pan.
- Add the potato to the saucepan and cook until soft, drain
keeping the liquid. Roughly mash the potato.
- In a frying pan cook the onion and remaining garlic in a little oil
- Add the cooked onion, garlic, chopped herbs and flaked fish
to the potato, gently stir until blended. If the mix is a little
dry add some of the remaining cooking liquid. Season to taste.
- When cool enough to handle shape mixture into 8 cakes.
- Chill in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, place the cakes in the pan
and gently cook over a low heat until golden brown on both sides
and hot in the middle.
- Or place on a lined and greased tray and bake in a pre-heated
oven 180°C, Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes, turning once.
100g capers, chopped
2 medium gherkins, finely chopped
Handful of each chive, dill and parsley
1 lemon, zest and juice
1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix or blend together.