Fishcakes and Caper Dressing
Our delicious fishcake recipe for you to cook at home – easy as well as nutritious – click here. The whole family will love them.
- 250 g Fish of your choice
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 250 ml Milk of your choice
- 400 g Potato Cut into Large Dices
- Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- Chives, Dill or Parsley - Herbs of your choice
- Salt and Pepper
- 100 g Capers
- 2 Medium Gherkins Finely Chopped
- Handful of Herbs as per above
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 to 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Place fish in a saucepan, add 3 garlic cloves, thyme, bay leafand milk. Add water to cover the fish. Simmer gently until the fishflakes. Gently remove the fish from the pan.
- Add the potato to the saucepan and cook until soft, drainkeeping the liquid. Roughly mash the potato.
- In a frying pan cook the onion and remaining garlic in a little oil until soft.
- Add the cooked onion, garlic, chopped herbs and flaked fishto the potato, gently stir until blended. If the mix is a littledry add some of the remaining cooking liquid. Season to taste.
- When cool enough to handle shape mixture into 8 cakes
- Chill in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, place the cakes in the panand gently cook over a low heat until golden brown on both sidesand hot in the middle.Or place on a lined and greased tray and bake in a pre-heatedoven 180°C, Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes, turning once.
- To make the Dressing simply mix or blend the last 5 ingredients together with a dash of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.