Deliciously Dark Hazelnut Truffles
Rich, dark, bittersweet truffles naturally sweetened with succulent prunes
- 150 g Prunes (soak in armagnac or rum prior to using if you fancy!)
- 100 g 70%+ dark chocolate
- 50 g Hazelnut butter (Meridian brand is good), or another unsweetened nut butter
- 25 g Virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp Good quality vanilla essence
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened )and/or hazelnut nibs for finishing
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a heatproof bowl together with the coconut oil. Place the bowl over a saucepan of gently boiling water making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, stir to melt.
- Take off the heat and stir in the hazelnut butter and vanilla essence, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Chop the prunes into small pieces in using a mini food processor or knife.
- Add the prunes to the slightly cooled melted chocolate mixture, stir well to combine.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Using a teaspoon or melon-baller, scoop small amounts of the chilled truffle mix into your hand and form into bite size balls.
- Roll in cocoa powder to finish.