Cold weather salads
Raw fruits and vegetables are a key part of any healthy approach to detoxification. If you don’t feel like eating then pass the salad through the juicer and invent another juice. All quantities are for one serving, as raw food needs to be eaten and not kept waiting. Check out these salads from ‘Cancer Lifeline Recipes’ by Jane Sen.
- 50 g Firm white Cabbage, finely sliced
- 50 g Red Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Tamari Soy sauce
- 1 Small grated Carrot
- 1 Small onion sliced
- 1 Small Apple grated
- 25 g Tofu
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Gorgeous Pink Salad
- 1 Medium Carrot, grated
- 1 Firm Pear, grated
- 1 Medium Beetroot, grated raw
- 2 Sticks of celery , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Chopped Walnut pieces
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Cider Vinegar
- To make the Superslaw, Scrunch and knead together the cabbages and soy sauce with your hands for a couple of minutes.
- Add the carrot, onion and apple and mix well
- Whizz the Tofu, Tomatoes, Lemon juice, basil in the blender until smooth and then add to the salad. Mix well and eat immediately.
- To make the Gorgeously Pink salad ,mix the tahini and vinegar together until smooth.
- Combine the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Drizzle over the tahini and vinegar dressing. Mix and eat immediately.
Recipe by Jane Sen from ‘The Cancer Lifeline Recipes’