Buckwheat Tabbouleh with Pomegranate
Versatile Buckwheat is a fruit seed and contains no gluten. It is quite quick to cook and useful in the antioxidants Rutin and Quercitin. It is also a helpful source of protein containing 8 amino acids. The lovely colour of pommegranate adds a splash of splendour, it is recorded as one of our first medicinal foods 3,500 years ago!
- 1 mug roasted buckwheat
- 2 1/2 mugs water
- 2 tsp marigold vegetable bouillon
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stick celery diced
- 1 handful each fresh parsley, mint and basil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 salad onions finely diced
- 1/2 pomegranate seeds
- Put the buckwheat, water, vegetable bouillon, carrots and celery into the pan, bring to the boil then simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- The buckwheat should soak up the liquid and become soft to eat but not sticky.
- Cool slightly and then stir in the herbs and onion to combine well.
- Taste – a little tamari soy sauce may be required.
- When ready to serve, lightly stir in the tomatoes transfer to a dish and sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds.