Broccoli and Cannellini Bean Salad
- Half Broccoli - coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Good pince of salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Half finely chopped red pepper (either fresh or pre-roasted)
- Half cup finely chopped red onion (optional)
- 1 400g can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- Steam broccoli, covered for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Combine vinegar, oil, pepper, salt, and garlic in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Add broccoli, red pepper, onion, and beans; toss gently.
- Serve up and enjoy as a salad on its own or as part of your main meal.