This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Hemsley and Hemsley in their Good and Simple recipe book.
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 Large broccoli head with stem
- 1 Large clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Small or ½ large avocado
- 1 tbsp Smooth cashew nut butter, or a handful of cashew nuts (ideally soaked in water to soften for 2+ hours)
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 Lime, juiced or lemon
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, and extra for drizzling
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chop the broccoli into equal size pieces, including the stem. If the stem is tough use a potato peeler to peel away the outer layer.
- Put the broccoli pieces in a saucepan with 100mls water, cover with a lid so it can steam on a medium heat for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add the steamed broccoli with the other ingredients to a food processor or good blender, along with 1-2tbsp of the cooking water, blend until smooth.
- Serve warm or cold with a drizzle of olive oil.
Goes Brilliantly with our Fabulous Fish and Chips recipe!