Braised Sprouts with Sauerkraut
- 1 good knob butter or coconut fat
- 4 good handfuls halved sprouts
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 half tin cannellini beans or others of choice
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp tamari
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 1 Handful chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp dry roasted pumpkin seeds
- Melt the butter in a heavy based open pan and slowly cook the onion till translucent, add the sprouts. Cook gently for a few minutes to coat nicely.
- Add the stock, honey, tamari, seasoning and cover pan till the sprouts are tender to your liking. Careful not to dry out - adding a little more water if necessary.
- Add the beans and sauerkraut and heat through.
- Sprinkle the chestnuts (or walnuts) on the top and serve, perhaps garnished with parsley.