Banana Body Builder Smoothie
If your appetite is suppressed, if you need to build up muscle, if you need to put weight on, or if you are worried about insufficient protein.
- 100 g Plain Tofu, silken makes a smoother drink
- 500 ml Soya Milk
- 2 Bananas
- 2 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Slippery Elm Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Whizz all the ingredients together in a goblet blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- If you have difficulty drinking from a glass, use a teaspoon and eat it from a small bowl like a dessert, or add more soya milk to thin it and use a straw.
Try any of these additions or flavour variations, 2 tablespoons ground almonds 2 tablespoons cooked brown rice/millet/oats Any fresh fruit- try mangoes for a real treat Soaked or cooked dried fruits 1 teaspoon honey or concentrated apple juice 1 tablespoon organic, sugar-free preserves Recipe by Jane Sen from ‘The Cancer Lifeline Recipes’