Banana, Blueberry and Pecan Pancakes
Delicious vegan and gluten free pancake recipe from Anna Jones. Easy to make and a real treat for all the family.
- 100 g Oats
- 50 g Chopped Pecan Nuts
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Ripe Banana, peeled and mashed
- 150 ml Coconut Milk, such as Koko
- 200 g Blueberries
- Pinch of sea salt
- To Serve
- 2 Bananas, cut into slices
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Handful of crushed Pecan nuts
- Lime wedges
- Honey or Agave syrup
- Heat oven to 120C Fan, or Gas 1/2
- Blitz the oats until you have a floury mixture
- Pour the oats into a bowl, add the pecans, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the mashed banana with the Coconut milk (you can do this by blitzing them together in the food processor, if you like).
- Beat the banana and milk mixture into the flour and leave the batter to sit for a few minutes.
- Whikst the batter rests, heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat, add the banana slices and fry on both sides in the dry pan until brown and caramelised. Keep warm in the oven.
- Put the pan back on a medium heat and add a little coconut oil or butter. Drop in a healthy tablespoonful of batter for each pancake.
- Once the sides are cooked and bubbles have risen to the top, scatter over a handful of blueberries and flip the pancake over. Cook for another couple of minutes on the other side. The pancakes will stay a little moist in the middle because of the banana, so don’t worry. Keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Serve the pancakes piled with the banana slices. Add some crumbled pecans and a squeeze of lime, and, if you like, a little touch of honey, agave or maple syrup.
Enjoy for breakfast, a snack or dessert.