Banana and Berry Smoothie with Slippery Elm
A refreshing smoothie for breakfast or a snack during the day
- 2 whole Ripe banana - no more than 1/2 a banana per person.
- 160 ml Milk of your choice (e.g. rice, oat, coconut) - this can be increased to suit you, if you would like your smoothie to be runnier.
- 500 g Berries of your choice fresh or frozen
- 1 heaped tbsp Slippery elm powder
- 1 whole Avocado
- 2 tbsp Ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Simply blend together until frothy and thick.
Slippery elm is the powdered inner bark from the elm tree. Traditionally, it has been used to treat inflammatory conditions in the digestive tract. Its mucilage properties are thought to have a soothing, calming effect.