Almond Butter Bars
These delicious Almond Butter Bars are the ideal snack to satisfy your 'sweet tooth', thanks to natural sweeteners such as desiccated coconut and rice syrup. Read more about other healthy alternatives to sugar recommended by our Nutritionist, Janey Twigger, click here.
- 150 g Almonds or mixed nuts
- 75 g Mixed seeds, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame
- 1 tbsp Dessicated, Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 tbsps Almond nut butter
- 1 small pinch Salt
- 30 -50 g Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 dsp Rice syrup
- 4 squares 81% cocoa chocolate, melted (optional)
- Blend the nuts together with the seeds to make a rough crunchy texture and add the salt. .
- Stir in the almond nut butter to combine well.
- Melt the coconut oil, vanilla and rice syrup gently to melt the oil. Then stir in the nut mixture.
- Pile into a glass or flan dish, pat down and put to chill for at least 45 minutes before serving
- Cut into slices or alternatively, spread with melted chocolate. Chill again, slice and serve.
Keeps well in the fridge.