A MID-SUMMER MUSIC AND PICNIC EVENT AT PENNY BROHN UK, PILL BRISTOL
EVENING OF WEDNESDAY 21st JULY 2021
Bristol’s newest chamber group Los Picantes presents a fund-raising event for Penny Brohn UK in the gorgeous environment of the Garden Room and grounds of the PBUK National Centre in Pill, just outside of Bristol.
Combining live music with an own-provided picnic in a Glyndebourne-style event, the audience is invited to arrive from 7pm to picnic in and enjoy the grounds.
Four acres of outstanding landscaped gardens surround the National Centre’s beautiful Ham Green House, a Grade II listed Georgian property.
Los Picantes‘ 40-minute performance in the Garden Room starts at 8.15pm – and there is further opportunity to enjoy the gardens afterwards. The venue will close at 10pm.
Los Picantes comprises five of Bristol’s leading non-professional musicians in the unique formation of flute, clarinet, violin, bassoon and harp. The group performs beautiful and powerful music from predominantly European and UK origins.
Los Picantes‘ programme for Brohnbourne is:
- Achangelo Corelli (1653–1713): La Folia variations, Opus 5, No12
- A. Mozart: Serenade No 11 Second movement (Adagio)
- S. Bach: Wachet auf BWV 140, Nr4: Chorale
- Stefano Landi (1587-1639): Augellin
- The Parting Glass (Irish traditional)
The chamber choir In Accord will perform outdoors in the gardens from 19:30-20:00.
- In Accord is a recently-established group of experienced non-professional singers performing music from across Europe to the Caucasus and the Americas.
- At Brohnbourne they will sing classical music with a French flavour from the Renaissance to modern times.
Maximum capacity for the event is forty-two Garden Room audience members.
Address of venue:
Penny Brohn UK, Chapel Pill Lane, Pill, Bristol, BS20 0HH
There is plentiful car parking on-site.
As there may be particularly vulnerable people present, the intention is for all involved to feel comfortable with this social distancing – even if government guidelines on 19/07/21 may be more lax than the above.
- Do not attend the event if you have a positive rapid lateral flow test result or any coronavirus symptoms or have been asked to isolate.
- Seating in the Garden Room will be at a social distance of 1.25 meters for individual audience members. Windows and doors will be open.
- Audience members will also be requested to wear face masks at all times whilst indoors.
Due to COVID and social distancing considerations seating in the Garden Room is limited to 42 places – please book early to avoid disappointment. If the weather is fine, outdoor-only tickets will also be available (book on the day or turn up and pay on the door)
Entry is by donation, with a suggested minimum amount of £10 per person for Garden Room tickets, and £5 for outdoor only tickets.
- To reserve places, please email David Adams, Director of Los Picantes at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your name and the number of places you want.
- David will respond to you via email to confirm if the places requested are available.
- Once David has responded to you, please make your donation via the Penny Brohn UK website (below) – giving your name and the number of people and referencing the event in the comments box: https://www.pennybrohn.org.uk/donate/
- When your donation has been received by Penny Brohn UK, David will confirm your places via email.
Bring your own picnic.
- You’re welcome to also bring alcoholic drinks for your own consumption.
- PBUK will not be providing refreshments at Brohnbourne.
Looking forward to seeing you there……