On 4 February, World Cancer Day is a day to unite against cancer. This #WorldCancerDay we will be considering the key #WeCanICan messages, showing how the Bristol Whole Life Approach can help us to build resilience. There are so many things that we can do collectively, working with other organisations as well as you, to make sure that a life with cancer is still a life.
- We can prevent cancer
- We can create healthy schools, cities and workplaces
- We can support others to return to work
- We can shape policy change
- We can improve access to cancer care, join forces to make a difference and build a quality cancer workforce
- We can challenge perceptions
- We can inspire action and take action
Not only can we make positive changes to help you remember what makes your heart sing, you can too. Self-care is a huge part of strong resilience and it is a big influence on how well your immune system can cope with what is thrown at it. So here are a few things you can do this World Cancer Day.
- I can make healthy lifestyle choices
- I can understand that early detection saves lives
- I can return to work
- I can take control of my cancer journey
- I can ask for support
- I can love, and be loved
- I can make my voice heard
We would love to hear how you are achieving these goals. Why not get in touch and tell us what you are doing? If you are new to self-care, we will be tweeting our ideas on how to turn these messages into a reality. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to hear our suggestions.