Overlooking the lavender Garden the National Centre’s library offers a comfortable and tranquil place to pause. Our current library volunteer, Fen Gough, has done a fantastic job of overhauling our resources. You will find a range of books not only relating to care and self-care for those with cancer there are also: short stories; poetry; music and self-care CDs; audio books; magazines; reports; games and information and newsletters from cancer charities.
You can register and loan up to 4 resources for up to 4 weeks at any time by completing the paperwork signposted in the library.
The library also hosts regular groups. You could drop into our Tea & Chat from 3:30 – 4:30 pm on the second Tuesday of each month, open to anyone to share experiences and feel supported. Our Book Group is bi-monthly on the first Tuesday of the month 10:30 – 11:30. The group is currently reading ‘Being mortal’ by Atul Gawunde. Why not come along on 5th March?
Do you have any resources to donate?
As I’m sure you appreciate, our library is run on minimal funds. We would be very grateful for any donations. We are particularly keen to have any recent titles on cancer care or self-care CDs on meditation, mindfulness, relaxation and healthy eating. Perhaps you have finished reading a recent purchase from the Penny Brohn Shop that you could donate?
Popular titles we are particularly interested in are:
- Whole Life Approach: 7 Day recipe planner – Penny Brohn UK
- The Inspirational Soup Book – Victoria Kubiak
- Nourish: the cancer care cookbook – Penny Brohn UK with Christine Bailey
- The Financial Wellbeing Book – Chris Budd
- Lifeshocks – Sophie Sabbage
- Golden Thread – Pat Pilkington
- Food Rules: an eater’s manual – Michael Pollan
- Meditation and Mindfulness – A Puddicombe
- The Mindfulness Bible – Dr Collard
- The Cancer Revolution – Patricia Peat
Please bring any donations to our reception for the attention of the Library.
Could you become a library volunteer?
We rely on our volunteers to support and run our library. If you are able to spare a regular morning or day per week to help with this valuable resource please contact email@example.com. Take a look at our job description to find out more.