Were you planning on running a half marathon or holding a bake sale for Penny Brohn UK this summer? Here are a bunch of fundraising ideas that you can do at home!
- The Great Lockdown Quiz: What better way to have virtual fun with your family and friends than a quiz? Click here for more information. If quizzes aren’t your bag, you could try a book club, crafternoon or Netflix party instead!
- Eurovision lip-sync party: Shocked and appalled at Eurovision being cancelled? Host your own lip-sync party. Find out more here.
- Host a virtual comedy night or gig: Don’t let a lock-down spoil your fun – live stream your stand up or concert and ask people to make donations instead of buying tickets! Find out more here.
- Fitness for fundraising: Whether you’re Joe Wicks keeping the nation active, or someone that swerves the monthly gym pass, everyone can use fitness to raise for good! Click here to find out more.
- Donate your commute: If you are saving money on your daily commute to work – and even better, if you are a season ticket holder and have secured your refund from your rail orbus company – why not donate some of that to Penny Brohn UK? If you don’t fancy a single gift then think about eking it out over two or three months. You can set up your donation or regular gift here.
- Sell your skill set: With classrooms shut, why not use your skills to raise money for good! You can teach via live stream and ask for donations. Click here for more information.
- Donate your birthday: If you can’t go out to celebrate or your family or friends can’t come over to join you on your day, why not invite them to make a donation in your name? You can set up a Facebook fundraiser for Penny Brohn UK in just a few clicks here.
- Challenge the kids: If you’re at home with children, set them a task and either sponsor them for it. It could be cooking, cleaning, making something creative or doing something sporty (or silly). It could be built up in coins, if you’ve still got any, or with a calendar where you tick (or tear?) off each day that they complete their challenge. Or why not print out our fundraising thermometer to show the total they’ve raised so far?
- Challenge your friends: There are lots of different isolation challenges springing up. Whether it’s growing your beard, shaving your head, burpees, 5ks, poetry slams or lip-sync battles, simply nominate your mates online and get them to donate!
- Coin hunt or swear jar: We hear how much money is stuck down the back of sofas, so why not see what you can find in your furniture? It might even be a fun way to kill the time! Alternatively, you could also set up a swear jar to collect coins in throughout lock down.
- Find items to donate later: While you get to know your own four walls better than you ever have, why not look again at anything you could do without and put it aside to donate to our charity shop when it reopens?
- Shop and donate: There are loads of sites than now allow you to make a donation (at no extra cost to you) when you buy items online. Services such as Amazon Smile, Give as you Live, Savoo and eBay for Charity can be used to raised funds for Penny Brohn UK. Find out more here.
We have created a range of fundraising resources for you to use for your events. You can access them here. And if you need any more advice, get in touch with us on Facebook or email email@example.com.