We’ve put together a selection of media resources for Penny Brohn UK. If there is information you would like that you can’t find in this section, please contact the Press Office.
Millions of people are living with cancer in the UK and the number is rising every year. The challenge many people face is not dying, but living well. We aim to help people do more than just survive but to live as fully as possible for as long as possible. The Bristol Whole Life Approach is a powerful way of looking at health and wellbeing which is underpinned by 35 years of experience supporting people with cancer.
Read our aid memoire to see how we talk about the work we do.
- Around 352,000 people are diagnosed with cancer in the UK annually.
- Over 2.5 million people live with or beyond cancer in the UK.
- This is expected to be 4 million by 2030, due to reasons including better diagnosis, increased life expectancy and lifestyle choices, such as smoking.
- We recognise that an individual needs more than medicine when experiencing a cancer diagnosis.
- We help anyone 18+ years with a cancer diagnosis and their close supporters.
- We also support the parents or carers of young people with cancer.
- We offer our services for free, but rely on donations to do this.
- We help over 10,000 people annually.
- Some services are run in partnership with other cancer charities/good causes and healthcare providers.
Media images pack
Download a selection of images to use for your fundraising posters and news articles. We also have hi-res versions along with video and audio tracks about the charity and our services available on request. Please contact the press office for more details.
- Julie Worrall – CEO
- Dr. Catherine Zollman – Medical Director
- Andrew Hufford – Commercial Director (Also available to speak about Fundraising)
- Tracy Tait – Brand and Marketing Director
Our Press Office
- Speak to the Press Office: 01275 370 095 email@example.com
- Urgent out of hours enquiries: Brand & Marketing Director, Tracy Tait 07720 762866
- Queries about website or other digital enquiries: 01275 370 139 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries about promotional materials and policy: 01275 370 077 email@example.com