We are looking for a Charity Retail Assistant Manager to join our Charity at a very exciting time.
We will soon be opening the first Penny Brohn UK Hub on the high street, offering a traditional retail experience alongside cancer support services. The Hub will enable us to bring some of our cancer services back into Central Bristol and generate much needed income through the sale of locally partnered products and donated goods.
We require someone with solid retail experience with a passion to make a difference to the lives of others in the local community. It is a truly unique opportunity for the right person to be part of the charity’s future and to help shape this innovative new space.
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Charity Retail
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £17,316 per annum + target-based bonus scheme upon completion of probation period
Location: Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
About the role
Some of the essential tasks within this role include;
- Assisting in the day to day running of the Hub and overseeing it’s smooth running in the Manager’s absence. This will include, ensuring that set sales and profit targets are met.
- Assisting in generating sufficient donated stock via contact with donors and the use of other acquisition methods.
- Assisting in the management of both paid and voluntary staff ensuring that the Hub is adequately staffed at all times and that the staffing rota is managed in the Manager’s absence.
- Managing the Gift Aid process.
- Ensuring that there is adequate stock of key items available at all times and maintaining a high standard of display throughout the shop, including the shop window.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed.
About the candidate
Candidates must demonstrate;
- Proven retail or customer service experience.
- Experience of cash handling and accountability for banking and associated security.
- Knowledge of merchandising and displays.
- Proven organisational and prioritising skills.
- Numeracy with the ability to calculate figures.
- An interest/awareness in fashion trends. .
- The ability to motivate themselves and others.
- Ability to work on Saturdays and Bank Holidays as required.
- A willingness to act as key holder.
If you are passionate about using your skills and experience to support the charity at this exciting time and you want to be part of an organisation that creates positive change, then please get in touch.
For further details, please download the job description.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role before you apply, you can contact Louise Minchin, Retail Specialist by emailing Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.
Please complete the application form and the diversity and equal opportunities form and return them electronically to email@example.com (quoting job reference in the subject line). Please do not send a CV. For queries please call the HR Department on 01275370071.
Timetable for appointment:
Closing date: Friday 31 July at 9am
Interview date: Thursday 6 and Friday 7 August to be held via zoom