Penny Brohn’s one-to-one appointments are for people with cancer related health and wellbeing concerns that require personalised support and guidance that is not best met by our programme of online group support. Our team of experienced practitioners can provide tailored, expert advice and evidence-informed self-care tools to support personal resilience and help address challenging physical and emotional symptoms and side effects.
Individual consultations are available to those living with cancer or supporting loved ones with cancer, they are particularly suited to:
- Those with a recent diagnosis who would like to discuss how integrative approaches can be used to support or enhance their treatment plan
- Anyone undergoing or recovering from treatment
- Those living with, or supporting loved ones with, advanced cancers
- Anyone experiencing considerable distress or anxiety as a result of their own or a loved one’s cancer diagnosis
Our one-to-one appointments are currently offered free of charge to registered Penny Brohn UK clients and supporters. As a charity we welcome donations from those who can afford to support our important work at this time.
We offer a number of one-to-one consultations by telephone or video call each week. These are for people with cancer related health and wellbeing concerns that require personalised support and guidance that is not best met by our online group support.
- Doctor Support: Penny Brohn UK team of Doctors are all GP’s with extensive experience of integrative approaches to cancer. A one-to-one appointment can help you understand: more about what cancer is; how treatments work and what to expect; how to use complementary approaches to support or recover from treatment; discuss health concerns you may have.Please note that our 30 minute doctor’s appointments are only available to those living with, or supporting someone with a diagnosis of cancer. We are not able to diagnose, or investigate the possibility of, cancer. Any advice provided is supplementary to, and does not replace, advice given by a healthcare team.
- Counselling: Counselling appointments are a chance to share your thoughts and feelings with a qualified, experienced counsellor who will listen with compassion and non-judgement. Counselling can bring a new understanding to your situation and relationships, and make a difficult situation more manageable.Please note we have a waiting list for counselling but will do our best to offer you an appointment as quickly as possible.
- Nutritional Therapy: Eating a nutritious diet can be an important tool for reducing symptoms and side effects of cancer, and may help to reduce the risk of recurrence. One-to-one nutritional therapy appointments are designed for those who would like personalised advice and support to put our Healthy Eating guidelines into practice, or to adapt them to their particular needs.
- Wellbeing Support: Finding ways to reducing stress and anxiety is essential for our health and wellbeing, and this is especially important when faced with cancer. Our experienced therapists can share a toolbox of relaxation and other self-care techniques such as mindful breathing, visualisation, progressive muscle relaxation and meditation techniques to support your own personal resilience and emotional wellbeing.
- Exercise Therapy: Movement and physical activity are hugely important for supporting our immune systems and overall health and wellbeing, but often the experience of cancer can make exercise a challenge. Our online exercise and dance classes are specially designed for people with cancer, however if you feel you need some tailored guidance to get you started, a one-to-one with our experienced exercise therapist can help you develop a tailored fitness programme that reflects your personal situation and preferences.
To book a one-to-one email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not sure which of our services is best for you, or you would like to speak to one of our experienced practitioners more urgently our Helpline is available from 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday on 0303 3000 118. Outside of these hours messages will be saved on our answer machine and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.