Join us for this informal, interactive series of talks and group discussions led by one of the Penny Brohn UK Integrative Doctors and guest experts. The sessions will focus on topics related to keeping you resilient and supporting your immune function using a range of strategies to reduce the impact of cancer and cancer treatments, and helping you to live well with, and beyond cancer.
At each session you will:
- Hear from doctors who are working as GPs within the NHS but who also have expertise in using Integrative Approaches (lifestyle and complementary medicine) safely alongside standard cancer treatments
- At some sessions there will be other expert guest speakers (register here for the Weekly email update for details)
- Learn about topics which can help you support your own health as you live with or beyond cancer
- Share your experiences with other people in similar situations
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and share suggestions for other topics you would like covered in future sessions
Every Monday 10am - 85 mins
- 11th Jan - Resilience and the mind-body connection – the neurobiology of stress – Catherine Zollman.
- 18th Jan - All you’ve ever wanted to know about Genetics and Cancer – Alan Donaldson, Consultant Clinical Geneticist and the regional Bristol and South West clinical genetics team.
- 25th Jan - Professor Eran Ben-Ayre – The use of herbs, acupuncture, homeopathy, massage and reflexology in a conventional cancer setting – a model from Israel.
- 1st Feb - What is Cancer? An overview of the different theories of the development and progression of cancer and the implications for treatment approaches. Dr Catherine Zollman.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meetings.
Zoom have created a video and guidance on joining a session.
Lead Doctor, Dr Catherine Zollman, MRCP, MRCGP, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine (University of Arizona) Medical Director, Penny Brohn UK
We operate on the basis that this group is a confidential space so please treat other people's personal information with respect.
If you have any questions or topics you would like covered in more detail, it would be helpful if you could email them in advance to email@example.com