Join us for this informal, interactive series of talks and group discussions led by one of the Penny Brohn UK Integrative Doctors and guest experts. The sessions will focus on topics related to keeping you resilient and supporting your immune function using a range of strategies to reduce the impact of cancer and cancer treatments, and helping you to live well with, and beyond cancer.
At each session you will:
- Hear from doctors who are working as GPs within the NHS but who also have expertise in using Integrative Approaches (lifestyle and complementary medicine) safely alongside standard cancer treatments
- At some sessions there will be other expert guest speakers (register here for the Weekly email update for details)
- Learn about topics which can help you support your own health as you live with or beyond cancer
- Share your experiences with other people in similar situations
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and share suggestions for other topics you would like covered in future sessions
Every Monday 10am - 85 mins
- October 5th: Dr Penny Kechagioglou. Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Arden Cancer Centre, Coventry and Chief Medical Officer, Genesis Care UK will talk about "How Conventional Treatments work and how they can be enhanced by integrative Lifestyle and Complementary approaches"
- October 12th: TBC
- October 19th: Fiona Hamilton, Poet, Writer and Creative Arts Practitioner, will share her experiences of using and teaching "Writing and Journaling for Wellbeing" to help people affected by cancer.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meetings.
Zoom have created a video and guidance on joining a session.
Lead Doctor, Dr Catherine Zollman, MRCP, MRCGP, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine (University of Arizona) Medical Director, Penny Brohn UK
We operate on the basis that this group is a confidential space so please treat other people's personal information with respect.
If you have any questions or topics you would like covered in more detail, it would be helpful if you could email them in advance to email@example.com