The Resilience Room sessions are usually held fortnightly on a Monday morning from 10.00-11.25am. There will be a pause between 11th April and 16th May, 2022 because of session dates falling on bank holiday Mondays.
Join us for this informal, interactive series of talks and group discussions led by one of the Penny Brohn UK Integrative Doctors and guest experts. The sessions will focus on topics related to keeping you resilient and supporting your immune function using a range of strategies to reduce the impact of cancer and cancer treatments, and helping you to live well with, and beyond cancer.
At each session you will:
- Hear from doctors who are working as GPs within the NHS but who also have expertise in using Integrative Approaches (lifestyle and complementary medicine) safely alongside standard cancer treatments.
- At some sessions there will be other expert guest speakers (register for the Weekly email update for more details).
- Learn about topics which can help you support your own health as you live with or beyond cancer
- Share your experiences with other people in similar situations
• Have the opportunity to ask questions and share suggestions for other topics you would like covered in future sessions
Previous sessions have covered many different topics including:
- Managing Troublesome Fatigue
- Improving your sleep using integrative approaches
- Restoring sexual intimacy after a cancer diagnosis
- What is coaching? How does it help in cancer?
- Writing and journaling for health
- Getting the best from the Palliative Care Services
- How can acupuncture help after a diagnosis of cancer?
- Cancer and psychological trauma
- Physical activity as part of preparing for and recovering from cancer treatment
Every Monday 10am - 85 mins
Click on a session date above.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meetings.
Zoom have created a video and guidance on joining a session.
Lead Doctor, Dr Catherine Zollman, MRCP, MRCGP, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine (University of Arizona) Medical Director, Penny Brohn UK
We operate on the basis that this group is a confidential space so please treat other people's personal information with respect.
If you have any questions or topics you would like covered in more detail, it would be helpful if you could email them in advance to email@example.com