Join us for some gentle movement, try out whole body stretches finishing with a relaxation technique to open those tight muscles and leave you feeling more relaxed. This class is open to Penny Brohn UK staff, clients, their supporters and anyone whose life has been affected by cancer.
How to participate: Wednesdays 4.30pm - 55 mins
Register in advance by clicking here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meetings.
Led by Alisa Burke, exercise specialist and founder of the Bodyworks project
Please be aware:
- When becoming more physically active - start slowly and build up gradually
- Exercise carries its own risks. Learn to listen to your body and what it is telling you. If you feel unwell and need to stop, you must inform a health or exercise professional immediately.
- Delay becoming more active if:
You have a temporary illness such as a cold or fever or have had an episode of sickness, diarrhoea, dizziness, fainting, persistent headache or pain in the last 24 hours.
Your health changes - if so, then talk to your doctor or a qualiﬁed exercise professional before continuing with a physical activity programme.
- If you answered YES to any of the questions on the PAR-Q in the registration process, please talk to your doctor by phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming much more physically active. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which questions you answered YES to.
- You may be able to do any activity you want provided you start slowly and build up gradually.
- You may need to restrict your activities to those that are safe for you. Talk with your doctor about the kinds of activities you want to participate in and follow their advice