Counselling is a chance to share your thoughts and feelings with an experienced therapist who will listen without judgement, whether you’re the person with cancer or are supporting someone else through their experience.
Cancer can bring lots of changes, both in the short term and longer term, and finding ways of coming to terms with this and the range of different feelings can be a challenge.
Counselling can bring new understanding to your situation and your relationships, and make things much more manageable.
I really believe Penny Brohn UK saved me, not just my mental state but my life. And now I am loving life!” - Veronica, Counselling Participant
Benefits of cancer counselling
- Improve your mental and physical wellbeing.
- Having someone to share your emotions.
- Improved self awareness to see yourself from the outside.
- Make it easier to cope in everyday situations.
- Feel less isolated and having someone to support you.
- A non-judgemental person to talk to about how you feel.
- A space to explore how you feel and perhaps find a different perspective on your thoughts.
Are you supporting someone with cancer?
Being close to someone who’s been diagnosed with cancer can have a major impact on your life as well as theirs. It can be just as hard for you as it is for the person with the diagnosis.
We offer counselling and support to the loved-ones of those living with cancer because you are just as important.
How do I access the cancer counselling service?
We run free counselling sessions over the phone.
Please call us on 0303 3000 118 for more information.