A psychological therapy that uses a mix of art-making and talking to help you communicate and reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Art therapy is not about creating “good art”, however the therapist can help you to use and experiment with a range of art materials.
Art Therapy can help you to:
- Manage stress and anxiety.
- Provide a safe way to express and come to terms with difficult feelings.
- Understand yourself better.
- Express fears or worries that may be too upsetting to talk about with words alone.
- Connect to others and feel less isolated.
- Find joy and meaning.
- Develop your creativity, confidence and self-esteem.
Being close to someone who’s been diagnosed with cancer can have a major impact on your life as well as theirs. It can be just as hard for you as it is for the person with the diagnosis. That’s why we offer support to the loved-ones of those living with cancer because you are just as important.
For more information on Art Therapy at Penny Brohn UK, call 0303 3000 118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.