Are you looking to develop your career in fundraising? If so, we have an opportunity for someone with experience to manage our special events programme for a year. Working within the fundraising team you’ll be responsible for the charity’s main flagship event as well as managing a number of other high profile events in the charity’s 40th anniversary year.
Job Title: Special Events Officer – maternity cover
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum, depending on experience
Contract: Fixed term for one year
Location: Penny Brohn UK, National Centre, outskirts of Bristol
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays + additional days over Christmas and New Year period
For this post we’re looking for an individual with events experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills and a very good eye for detail.
- Successfully deliver an agreed programme of special events
- Identify new opportunities to increase income from events
- Manage RSVPs, guest lists and table plans
- Source luxury gifts and seek prize donations for high profile events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience and/or an understanding of fundraising, events management and donor stewardship
- Able to demonstrate and apply the principles of excellent supporter care and communication
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities effectively.
With ambitious plans for growth, it’s extremely important that the chosen candidate relishes meeting and exceeding fundraising targets, working with drive, enthusiasm and a go-getter attitude. For an informal discussion about this post please contact Emma Gilmore, Head of Community and Events on 01275 370075 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please download the job description.
Please complete the application form and the diversity and equal opportunities form and return them electronically to email@example.com (quoting job reference in the subject line). Please don’t send a CV. For queries please call the HR Department on 01275370071.
Timetable for appointment
Closing date: 10am Monday, 18 March 2019
Interview: Thursday, 22 March 2019
Start date: Tuesday, 7 May 2019