Would you like to join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference?
We need volunteers who are flexible and reliable with excellent communication skills to represent people living with cancer in Staffordshire to improve future services. Activities might include:
- Attending Penny Brohn UK services for people living with cancer in Staffordshire.
- Attending Living with and Beyond Cancer steering group meetings to represent people living with cancer and supporting the design of new cancer services
- Talking to community groups to better understand and represent their views.
- Using your own cancer story to help influence how we invest our resources to have the greatest impact.
- Developing the way our services work with and support people affected by cancer.
We particularly welcome applications if you have connections to a local community or network(s) of peers, and can represent their experiences in steering group meetings. You will have to be able to respect others’ differences and choices and have a direct or recent* (last five years) cancer experience, either personal or as a supporter of someone affected by cancer.
This role is based throughout Staffordshire and you will need access to a car or be able to use public transport.
We’re looking for someone who can ideally be available for at least 3 hours per month. Including attending steering group meetings which are bi-monthly on Thursday afternoons in Stoke-on-Trent. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 370 094.