We have an exciting opportunity for a cancer health professional to learn about holistic cancer care in a supportive and friendly environment.
Job Title: Part time Locum Treatment Support Clinic Nurse/Radiographer
Job Reference: LTSC314
Date prepared: September 2018
Location: National Centre, Bristol
Main purpose of job: To provide information, advice and support to clients attending the weekly Treatment Support Clinic at Penny Brohn UK National Centre, Pill
Hours of work: 5 hours/week: 8.30am – 1.30pm every Monday
Contract: Fixed term for approximately two months from October – November 2018
Hourly Rate: £14.61
Reporting to: Penny Brohn UK Medical Director
Relationships: Working as part of the Penny Brohn Treatment Support Clinic team, which includes an Integrative Doctor, “Meet and Greet” volunteer, acupuncturists and Physical Activity Facilitator
- Welcoming new and returning clients.
- Helping clients complete baseline holistic self-assessments.
- Organising client flow through Treatment Support Clinic.
- Answering general treatment and side effect-related queries where possible.
- Ensuring any lifestyle approaches used by clients are compatible with conventional treatment (e.g. advice around physical activity and PICC lines).
- Supporting clients to get the best out of their hospital teams/services.
E = Essential, D=Desirable for role
- Registered, Insured Therapy Radiographer or Registered, Insured Nurse with some Oncology Experience – (E).
- Interest in, or supportive attitude towards, Lifestyle Medicine (healthy eating, physical activity, stress management, relaxation practices, etc) – (E).
- Excellent client-facing communication skills – (E).
- Current employment in a cancer treatment centre or with a cancer treatment organisation – (D).
- Interest in or experience of complementary therapy use in cancer settings – (D).
- Experience in or experience of using relaxation techniques – (D).
Penny Brohn UK is the leading UK charity specialising in a whole person approach to helping people live well with the impact of cancer. The way in which we help people is known as the Bristol Whole Life Approach which provides a powerful combination of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual support that is designed to help anyone affected by cancer, at any stage of the disease. We do this through residential courses, group sessions and 1-2-1 complementary therapies. We work in partnership with many major healthcare providers and our services are underpinned by evidence based research.
Please send your CV and a covering letter electronically to email@example.com (quoting job reference in the subject line). For queries or further information please call the HR Department on 01275370071.
The vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.