We have an opportunity for a Finance Administration Apprentice to include both workplace and course study in order to complete an Apprenticeship qualification over the course of one year.
Job Title: Finance Administration Apprentice
Salary: £155.40 – £289.71 per week
Hours: 37 hours per week, days and times to be confirmed
Possible Start Date:
3 September 2018
The apprenticeship will be delivered by a South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Assessor and you will be required to attend the Filton Campus for some of the off the job learning.
Penny Brohn UK has a National Centre based in Pill on the outskirts of Bristol.
Main Duties Include:
Working with a friendly, supportive and highly experienced finance team who provide help and support to resolve finance-related queries for both internal staff and external suppliers. The apprentice will contribute to the daily organisational tasks, receiving training and support on financial and administrative processes and developing an understanding of the Charity’s financial procedures.
The apprentice will gain skills and experience both in the workplace and through completion of the course of study. They are required to complete a 1 year training programme that will cover all aspects of the role, delivered through an agreed day-release or other distance learning method to complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
The role may include:
* Sales/Purchase Ledger data entry through Sage Line 50 accounting software package.
* Handling and maintaining petty cash.
* Processing expenses.
* Accurate accounting and data entry of income.
* Assisting Finance Administrators with regular and ad-hoc tasks and reconciliations as required.
* Assisting with routine stock checks and counts in the Penny Brohn on-site shop as well as undertaking physical asset checks.
* Ensuring that all department post and email is opened, dated and distributed in a timely manner.
* Dealing with internal and external queries.
* General administration duties including maintenance of the department’s filing systems and stationery stocks.
* Liaising with employees at all levels within the organisation.
There is potential within this role to progress with the possibility of advancing down the Accountancy route.
* A working knowledge of MS Windows-based software package, including Word and Excel
* Some Accounting knowledge or skills
* Organisational and analytical skills
Desired Personal Qualities
* Good communication skills, speaking clearly and accurately on the telephone, in person and via written media (email/letter)
* An enthusiastic and “can do” attitude
* Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English at grade C or above
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College.
For further details and information of how to apply please visit: www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-313154