We are looking for a Social Media & Content Volunteer to support the comms & marketing department in promoting our shop, services and fundraising campaigns, building relationships online and developing the Penny Brohn UK brand.
Why we need you
We need an enthusiastic and skilled volunteer to help our marketing team ensure our social media platforms are current and engaging.
What will I be doing?
- Creating engaging content for all our social media platforms, using content from our shop, services team and fundraising campaigns.
- Aiding the marketing department in other tasks, including updating the charity website and general admin.
- Ensuring brand identity is adhered to and encouraging best practice across the organisation.
How much time do I need to commit?
One-two days a week. This is an ongoing role throughout the year.
What skills do I need? (E = essential, D = Desired)
- Knowledge and experience of engaging with social media platforms to an organisational (or degree) level (E)
- Previous experience in generating content for websites (D)
- Previous experience of Adobe Creative Suite (D)
- IT and general computer literacy skills (E)
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail (E)
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Confident, enthusiastic and able to work with minimum supervision and within a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
What training and support can I expect?
- Print and online marketing software
- Social media analytics tracking and reporting
What benefits can I expect?
- Introduction to marketing and communications within a National Charity
- Learn new skills and/or maintain those you have
- Valuable work experience
- Travel and expenses paid and free lunches
- You may sit in on some of our key courses to gain an insight into the work that the charity does
- Workplace support is available through our counsellors if required
How do I apply?
You will be asked to complete an application form and come in for an informal chat with us. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 370 094.